Saturday 7 March 2009

Girls vs Boys!

Those sporty types at Nike + have issued a new running challenge; girls versus boys for one month to see who can clock up the most miles. One of the things I like most about the whole Nike + system is being able to see all the miles you have run add up on your computer and go towards your grand total, so I love the idea of seeing who can complete the most. I thought the girls would be in with a chance too, not just because many girls I know are good at going the distance whereas the boys are more often all about the speed (insert your own joke here.....), but because Nike opened the challenge to women first so that there would be time for more girls to register.

However despite these efforts, when I went to sign up for the women's team, the men's team was still waaaay bigger, meaning they will probably win based on sheer numbers. So I joined the challenge, keen to help show those boys who's boss, but disappointingly I then found that my contribution to the challenge will not be recorded because my Nike + plug in for my ipod has spontaneously died. I had stopped using it lately and something seems to have affected the sensor, so the girls will have to go on without me. I still think it's a great idea and a good way to motivate runners. Whether running or not, everyone can become fans of the team on facebook to help support them so please join in here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nike-Team-Women/123214320025

No comments: