Friday 26 March 2010

More progress...

I have reached an important milestone in my Coast Challenge- I have arrived in Barnstaple! The last long run brought me within 5 miles of home so I decided to do the next section during one of my shorter midweek training runs to leave me in a better starting position for next week. This meant this morning saw me running the familiar Tarka Trail between Braunton and Barnstaple and joyfully arriving home. I have run this route dozens of times, but the sight of Barnstaple's new bridge appearing in the distance has never been as exciting as now when I knew it meant I had reached the next stage of the Coast Path. Even better, now when I look at the map the distance I've completed suddenly looks much more impressive, in fact I think I'm about half way, and the Challenge has started to seem do-able once more!

Route:

Braunton- Velator roundabout- Wrafton- Chivenor- Barnstaple. 5 miles in total.

Distance on Coast Path:

53 miles to date.

Map:

No comments: