Monday 16 January 2012

New Year, New Marathon!?


It has been a long time since I posted on this site, and it would be fair to say that a major reason for that was being unable to work out how to top my epic coast path run! Since treading every inch along that stretch of coastline, every other run has felt rather insignificant and hardly blog-worthy. But now I have been inspired to attempt another marathon this year (my local AONB marathon in Woolacombe) and so will be starting the long old slog again.

That isn't to say I haven't been running in the meantime, or exploring. I have; in fact I've run in the Virginia mountains and the Outer Banks of NC (a popular place for runners it seems) and ventured to Morocco (where I did no running but 7-8 hours trekking a day which felt like a marathon....) and I've completed two full marathons since my Coast Path challenge (Windermere and the Eden Project, both in 2010), but I have also had the madness of publishing my first ebook (Secrets of the Spirits, read more and get a copy here!), changing my life, relationships and work completely and spending a year alternately dawdling in unrequited love and existing in a dreamworld whilst working on a confusing, possibly ill-advised and certainly over-ambitious new novel. It's been exhausting and painful, and at times cruelly beautiful, but I can't wear blinkers forever. So now I feel as if I am in need of a return to normality and structure, and a new marathon training regime may be the perfect antidote!

I'll give it a go anyway.



My novel available now on Amazon as an ebook for Kindle/PC/Laptop/iPhone etc:

No comments: