Sunday 28 September 2008

Investing in your feet

At the beginning of this year I had a foot and gait analysis at ProFeet in London. It was very expensive, at almost £120, but that included an intense consultation that lasted 90 minutes and custom engineered insoles. I went to the shop because I'd been having knee pain over christmas after I increased my mileage, and I think it was worth paying out for as the pain has not returned when I upped my long runs again, and the shoes I purchased following their advice are the most comfortable I've ever had. Also, it was nice to have so much attention and individualised advice, and watching the videos of me running when they were played back was really interesting- just to know what my running style looks like! I couldn't really see a difference in the different shoes they tried me in, despite the 'technician' man slowing in down and drawing fancy things on the screen, but it sure sounded like he knew what was going on.

ProFeet also do ski boot fitting, which would be great to prevent blistering and pain. Their shops are only in London at present, but the website is www.profeet.co.uk and is worth checking out for advice on footwear.

No comments: