Sunday 4 January 2009

Control

It has now been two weeks since I have posted anything, and I have started to feel increasingly guilty with every missed day, which is a little ridiculous as I am writing this blog for fun, not to follow orders! But I was starting to feel generally unsatisfied about not posting anything, and I think it was largely due to having a lack of control over what I was doing. You see, I have been a guest in someone else's house and didn't feel able to even make a cup of tea according to my own whims. I don't like going for so long without being in control of when I can write and when I can run. I have (of course, since London is only 16 weeks away!) been doing some running in the last two weeks, but I have had to get up early and run before everyone else was up and before the day started being planned out for me or my ability to exercise started being dictated by heavy (social) meals. I suppose the loss of control is also partly because of the festive season interrupting day-to-day routines, and also the collecting together of different people who all have their own needs and ideas, but I can't wait to start being selfish again and training when I want to!

But I'm home now and about to start my new training plan for London, so there will be plenty of running-exploring to come.

No comments: