Friday 30 January 2009

More hills

Following my previous post about running up hills, this afternoon I am recovering from the effects of a major hill session in my training plan, and loving it!

I ran 2 miles from Winchester to a steep(ish) hill in a country park and ran 9 sets of sprinting up the hill for 1 minute followed by jogging back down. By the 8th set I was feeling a bit sick, but I persevered and as a result felt like I had worked harder than I have for a while in a solo training sesh. The problem normally is that I drift off whilst running alone and enjoy just looking at the scenery or mulling over my thoughts, so find that I am just plodding along for miles and miles. Which is mostly fine, because I enjoy it, but completing a structured session like hill sprints makes me more focused and spices things up a bit. Hopefully these sessions will soon see me on my way to conquering those hills!

No comments: