Tuesday 13 January 2009

Secret Weapon

I have been meaning to write about this for a while but have never been quite sure whether it is just too deeply unsexy, and therefore off-putting to read about. However, over the last few days I have been using this product more than ever and it has reminded me it is about time I gave the makers my thanks! What I am talking about is a tool to tackle the dreaded runner's affliction of chafing. Recent wet runs in many layers of clothings (and perhaps some extra layers of post-Christmas blubber) have given me a reccurence of sports-bra rubbage and it is time to unveil my secret weapon:

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula. This pot is full of a slippery, shiny, substance that, as the name suggests, is really quite like butter. Slathered on skin under straps it could help them glide more easily, but its main talent seems to be healing. I have found putting it on raw areas heals them up in just a day or so and relieves itching, whilst feeling and smelling far more pleasant than vaseline, and looking much more dignified than carrying a huge tub of the latter around with you!

No comments: